29.5.16

5 Shades of Summer

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

























The Uk summer is still struggling to break through the cloudy and rainy days that are too common here, but nevertheless it will be here soon. So lets get our lips ready for that sunshine. I shopped my stash to find five of my favourite shades for the sunny months. Your lip colour can really change a makeup look from looking average to summery. So here's what I'll be taking on my travels and wearing whilst the weathers hot. 


YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick (Corail Jalouse)

This, as the name suggests, coral shade is brilliant as a day time shade. Its creamy and easy to reapply quickly throughout the day if need be in the warm weather. I use this if I want an easy, but beautiful option. 



Mac Viva Glam Nicki (Satin) /Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss (Pink Shock)
I love the Mac bright pink shade. Its matte and very pigmented, I've paired it with the Maybelline gloss to bump up the colour and add shine. This is one of my favourite combinations. The Nicki Viva Glam isn't available anymore but you could use Mac Chatterbox as a similar shade. 


NYX Butter Gloss (Apple Strudel)
I'm always picking this over other shades in my collection. Its a lipgloss that is not sticky at all and wears off nicely. The image is showing it to be more pink thank in real life. Its more of a coral shade. Its very easy to apply, a great lazy option. 






Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick               (Bachelorette)
This ones a bit of a darker shade. I love wearing this on holiday with a light coloured outfit, leaving this as the staple piece of my look. Its matte and in my opinion relatively drying, but I still love it. I always apply after a good amount of lip balm. If its hot this will stay on all day.




Mac Giambattista Valli Lipstick (Matte Margherita) / Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss (Electric Orange)
The Giambattista lipsticks was a collection I was dying to try around this time last year. Unless you want to spend your time on eBay finding this, a great alternative would be Mac Saigon Summer, sorry! It screams summer and with the Maybelline gloss over the top its a great way to top off a summer look. 


Have fun picking your lip shade this summer and let me know of any of your warm weather staples. 

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS